In October 2016, we were contacted by Bloomaker to create a new logo for its Perfected Rose product line. Fast-forward to today, and the relationship between Bloomaker and Hive has continued to bloom! This past year, we updated the company logo and more than 150 product wraps (packaging) for their hydroponic blooms, created a strategic PR and marketing plan, and are preparing to unveil the company's new website, which we've spent months designing.
There is a strong association with Bloomaker's logo, and we didn't want them to lose that brand recognition. Therefore, we hit a delicate balance of blending the old with the new. There were elements of the original logo that they wanted to retain: the tulip "M", the ratio of the letterforms to that "M," and the colors. But, there were also elements they wanted to change: the mixture of upper case and lower case letters, the medieval feeling font, the inconsistent letter sizes, and the outlined letterforms. For our update, we brightened the colors, hand-drew the letterforms, and focused on even spacing and letter height consistency.
Additionally, we hand-drew all of the bulb products to be incorporated in the new wrap designs, social media, and website. The drawings were created to reflect Bloomaker's "innocent" brand and help to elevate the brand with a custom and approachable feel.